UK poker sites exist in abundance in 2013, which can make choosing a good one hard. There are many options available – from the top online poker site’s like Titan Poker to the rooms frequently promoted on television, such as William Hill. Fortunately, we have done the hard work for you – comparing many of the UK’s best poker sites head-to-head to determine which sites offer you the best deposit bonuses, game availability, player support & much more.
Each of the UK poker sites we recommend have been played at by a Plenty Poker tester based in the UK, to ensure a number of things:
- The site is completely safe, and offers a wide number of different methods to both deposit and withdraw money to UK players.
- That the poker site receives plenty of traffic, and that there are always many games available at reasonable UK hours.
- The site offers excellent deposit bonuses and promotions, to help our players get off to a good start!
So check out our list of recommended UK poker sites below, and start playing at one of the UK’s best.
The Best UK Friendly Poker Sites of 2013
|Poker Room||Rating (/10)||Best sign-up bonus||US Players?|
|9.1||100% bonus up to $1000!|
|9||200% bonus up to $5000!|
|9||200% bonus up to $4000!|
United Kingdom Poker Sites – Why are they so good?
UK poker players are lucky. In the UK, online poker is entirely legal and regulated – which means that UK poker players can play poker online completely safe in the knowledge that their money is safe, and that they are not at any legal risk by playing. UK poker sites have a fantastic relationship with the government and regulating agencies, ensuring complete transparency. The UK’s gambling commission protects both the poker sites and its players in a number of different ways, which you can find out more about here.
UK poker sites were made 100% legal in 2005, with the passing of the Gambling Act. The Gambling Act made all online gambling 100% legal – whether the poker sites themselves were hosted abroad, or in the UK. Another great benefit of playing poker in the UK is that you do not have to pay any tax what-so-ever on your winnings. Whether you make your money playing at a poker site, or other online casino – all winnings are completely tax free. Even professional poker players can play online without paying a penny in tax!
Almost all of the UK poker sites we recommend offer games in a number of currencies, allowing players to play in the currency they are most comfortable with. Common currencies available to play in include: £ GBP, $ USD, and € EURO. It doesn’t matter which currency you choose to play in, you can usually convert currencies on the fly, and deposit in any currency you so choose. So for example if you are a UK player playing at a UK poker site, you could deposit your money in pounds, convert it to euros and play in euros, or convert it to dollars and play in dollars. Most poker rooms do not charge you for exchanging currencies, and go by the latest market rate. When you withdraw money, the money is then converted back into whatever currency you choose, for most UK players this would be pound sterling.
What game types are available at UK poker sites?
There are a huge variety of games available at all the UK poker sites we recommend. These range from the most common, such as No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em, to exotic forms of the game such as Razz. On top of this, you can play each game in a number of different formats. The most common formats are the following:
- Multi Table Tournaments (MTT’s) : These are big poker tournaments played over lots of tables, and available on every UK poker site we recommend. Typically a proportion (20% or so) of players cash and win a prize, with most of the prize money going to the top few players. MTT’s are what made poker very popular originally, when Moneymaker won the WSOP back in 2003.
- Single Table Tournaments (AKA Sit-N-Go’s or SNG’s): These are poker tournaments played on one table, and also available to play on all of our recommended UK poker sites. There are lots of different types available, for example 50/50 tournaments – where 50% of those that take part share all the prize, and standard SNG’s where 50% goes to the player finishing 1st, 30% to 2nd and 20% to 3rd.
- Ring Games: Ring games are cash poker games, where you buy-in and play with your own cash. You can get lots of different ring games too, such as 6-seaters, 9-seaters, 4-seaters and so forth. All UK poker sites have a number of ring games available, at almost every buy-in you could ever want or imagine, ranging from £5 to £100,000 and more.
We hope you have found our recommended UK poker site list useful, and wish you the best of luck at the poker table!